SSMS Becomes "Not Responding" and Shuts Automatically When Clicking "Design" on SQL Database's View

I faced a problem from SSMS which doesn't show any error when I wanted to see the "Design" of a SQL Database's View.

There is a similar post here.
I would say similar because my problem was a bit different than that post as my SSMS didn't even display any error, it just became "Not Responding" and closed itself automatically.

There was an AccessViolationException when I looked into the event of that SQL application, such as the following (also similar stacktrace):


The solution is... the same with the solution in the post above :)
My version of SSMS (2016) is older than the SQL Server itself (2017).

Another good reference which I referred for getting the version information is this: https://buildnumbers.wordpress.com/sqlserver/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Added Contact Is Not Shown in List Manager in a Scaled Sitecore XP 9

Windows could not start the Sitecore Xconnect Search Indexer - {xConnectInstance}-IndexWorker service on Local Computer. Error 1064: An exception occurred in the service when handling the control request.

EXM Throws NonCriticalException "Failed to download string content" with Nested Exception of "403 Forbidden" in Azure Web App